Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Candida Diet is the key to feeling better!

Try to change your diet, your symptoms will get better!

Just give it a try.

Don’t give up!

From my experience and the research on internet I understand that there is nothing better than a strict diet to get rid of Candida.

There is so much information on the internet, some claim you can eat oats for example and other say absolutely not. From the hours I have spent looking and from my personal experience these are the foods to be avoided.

First:

- The rule is, do not eat anything canned, bagged or processed. Prepare all your meals; it’s the only way of knowing what’s in there! If you absolutely have to buy something packaged check the labels and if you see anything like fructose, glucose, lactose etc avoid it.
- Drink plenty of water! Water and only water.
- Don’t use any antibiotics unless you absolutely have to. Should you use antibiotics make sure that you are prepared by taking probiotics.
- Try to eat organic meats, this to avoid the antibiotics they might be giving to the animals.
- Drugs, alcohol consumption and smoking lower your immunity, try to avoid them.
- Don’t take birth control pills, or steroid drugs they promote the overgrowth of Candida.

Foods to avoid:

To avoid

All Fruits (canned, dried or fresh. They contain sugar, that feeds the Candida.

All sugars (natural or artificial. Sugar feeds Candida

Bread (even the ones from the heath store and no crackers). It contain yeast, sugar, and gluten which feeds Candida.

Pasta has sugar and yeast.

ALL baked goods, they contain sugar, yeast and gluten.

Careful with vitamin and supplements.I have found that some may contain gluten, sugar, starches, yeast or artificial sweeteners. You need to check labels.

Nuts, they mey contain mold which feeds the Candida.

Not fresh vegetables, Vegetables are fine but they need to be fresh, if not they
may contain mold.

Foods rich in carbohydrates. Here is a site that provides a good list. http://www.buzzle.com/articles/list-of-high-carbohydrate-foods.html

Potatoes and all starch vegetables. Will feed the Candida

Cheeses. Might contain yeast and mold

Mushrooms. Will feed the Candida

Vinegar. All vinegars, including balsamic, white vinegar, red wine vinegar, apple cider, rice vinegar

Spices are to be avoided

Dairy products. Candida is thought to impair the body’s ability
to digest fat. How much you may consume may depend on how you react to lactose.

Margarine. I have seen margarines where they add grape syrup!
Check the labels it’s amazing what you will find.

Wines. Will feed Candida

Beers. Contains yeast

Alcoholic beverages. Contain sugar

Ham, sausage, bacon. They are processed and contain sugar

Caffeine. Try to avoid it, it does increase the Candida growth

Sodas. Full with sugar even the so called light sodas, have sweeteners and will feed Candida. Sodas also contain caffeine.

All processed foods. Burger’s, pizza, chips, chocolate etc…


Sugar is everywhere!

It is so difficult to completely eliminate sugar. It’s everywhere. It toke me many months to understand the different types of sugars and in what foods they can be found. Not mentioning the withdrawal symptoms that I experienced. The intense craving for sugar is terrible but it goes away.

I did a lot of research on this. One site that helped me in the beginning of my sugar free diet is www.healthlady.com, it has a lot of valuable information.

If you experience sugar cravings, don’t give in! If you have Candida you will see your symptoms getting better. I personally started of by cutting out all processed sugars following the rule of nothing bagged, canned or processed. The cravings where terrible. I was a sugar addict! Thereafter I stopped all breads and finally cut out all fruits, natural sugars such as honey, pasta’s, rice and starchy vegetables.


My diet today:

Unprocessed meats
Unprocessed fish
Brown rice (some will say that you should not but I need to stop loosing weight)
Salads
Yogurt without sugar
I cook everything with sunflower oil.
Garlic

It’s not much fun but it really does help!

Mistakes!

Through my research on the best possible Candida diet I made many mistakes, here are some of them:

Nuts: First I bought them processed at the health store but soon realized that they contained sugar.
Beans: From the health store and unprocessed but did not realize that they where rich in carbohydrates.
Drugs for my constipation: It said on the package that they where sugar free, I was not getting better and could not understand why. I started reading and looking up every ingredient and bingo only sugar substitutes!

The foods I am not sure about:

Yogurt: I still don’t know as some argue that it is good for the Candida detox and others claim that it feeds the Candida.
Quinoa: Many people suffering from Candida say that this is better than brown rice. However comparing the values it seems as quinoa has more sugar. Here is a link with some information about it.
http://www.elements4health.com/quinoa.html
I will try to replace brown rice with Quinoa and update the blog when I see the results.

The benefits of my diet

As of today many of my symptoms are better. Acne, nausea, earache, hair loss, itchy scalp, sinus problems, stomach swelling, pain when urinating, vaginal discharge are much better.
There are many symptoms remaining, however Doctors believe that they have to do with my immune system being so weak. I hope that this will get better over time.

Supplements

Here is a list of supplements that are believed to help the Candida overgrowth:

Advanced multi-billion Dophilus; these are probiotics, they are the good bacteria that helps getting the Candida overgrowth under control.
Maximised Caprylic Acid; are believed to be an antifungal.

Please note that these supplements are from Solgar as they do not contain any sugar, starch or yeast. Have a look on there website, they provide some additional information on Candida. www.solgar.com

Garlic; is believed to be one of the most powerful antifungal. Better to have it fresh. Take a garlic clove and cut it in very small pieces, mix with water and drink. I personally do this 4 times a day.
I am also taking a anti parasite product that contains many antifungal herbs.

Good luck with your diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment